Sunday, 21 November 2010
My First Love Poem (or One love poem, as Requested)
There’s something with my mind you know,
I'm not completely in control,
And while I'm well aware
That this isn’t quite a realistic goal,
It would be nice to have the odd moment
Where I didn't consider you
And all those silly things you say
and everything else too
If I wanted to find fault with you
I would not know where to start
Cause in every single heat my sweet
You score way off the chart.
Like, when someone winds you up,
And you don’t stand for it
Or, say you were to mess things up
And you wouldn’t give a monkeys
The way no matter where you are,
You waltz in like you own the place.
In fact every final feature, girl
Eyes skin hair legs arms face
I’d love to describe these in detail,
And maybe, one day, perhaps I will,
But, Alas! I don’t have the wordsmith talent
To write down lavender, silken or ringletted
Without making people blush or feel ill.
But if I were looking to change you, I’d have nothing to find,
So I’d simply wish the whole of you out of my blasted mind.
Another thing that gets me,
And I dare say you’ve been told before,
It’s the way you make dull interesting,
(And how you)make the mundane(seem)obscure,
Fr’instance now I want to trot to Telford
To try a two pence cup of tea,
Ok, not solely just to find out
Quite how bad it could be.
Even the goddamned way
Daft songs stick in your head
Makes me wish you back to Coventry,
Though perhaps that’s better left unsaid
From when we started speaking,
T’was clear we had many traits the same,
I told a joke you didn’t get,
And you made me explain
You saw it as a chance to learn,
And not a cause for shame.
Heavens! It’s almost creepy,
You even love the rain!
Your Proportions. Style. Attitudes.
Someh. Crea..ta perfec chord
Whic reson.tes .y spinl one,
Makin s speec n judgemen flawed
It’s pretty bloody blatant you get me hot under the collar
So I hope you know your worth’s at least a million silver dollars
It’s almost at the point
where I suspect I’m going mad,
But on consideration,
I reckon I just got it bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment