Sunday, 21 November 2010

$50 Sonnet

Possibly the best piece of 21st-Century English Literature which took less than 8 minutes to write. By me at least. And is possibly much less specific, more universal, ordered, and structured more proffesionally than the other (funnier) love poem.



I’ve known you for long my sweetest friend
And I’m well-sure you must have guessed
That even to know your gentle soul
I count myself as heaven blessed
My heart doth skip in time with yours
Our minds work just like they’re one
Other girls appear as utter bores
‘Tis like I can’t see their stars for your sun
You’ll never know how much it stings
To see you dance with any fool
Or how much bile my fury brings
When I see you treated cruel
And while I do suspect that you’d rather just not know
You do have to respect that I feel our love could grow

No comments:

Post a Comment